May 3, 2014
PANAMA GENERAL ELECTIONS 2014 : Results and tips .
This Sunday, the sister Republic of Panama , held elections for president , vice president , 20 deputies to the Central American Parliament, 71 members of the National Assembly , 77 mayors and other authorities for the period 2014-2019 .
RESULTS AND COVERAGE :
While polls show "closed" competition between 3 candidates , from our point of view , for the first time in the political history of Panama , a party will repeat , for a new term : Democratic Change .
The reasons , as follows:
- The enthusiastic support of President Ricardo Martinelli , of popular acceptance of 67% .
- The nomination for Vice President , the First Lady , Marta Linares de Martinelli.
- The record, of all the opinion polls , which provide the first, José Domingo Arias , with an average of 37 %, followed by Juan Carlos Navarro ( 32%), and Vice President Juan Carlos Varela ( 23%).
- The geopolitical situation of the moment, in which the United States can not afford , "enemies governments," managing the strategic Panama Canal . A fortiori, when it is in the process of enlargement.
- All other candidates have identical speech. The incumbent candidate , has come out victorious in debates .The " law of averages " , until now, no ruling party has continued uninterruptedly in power. Based on this law, the time has come for it.
UPDATE 05/05/2014: Panama = Costa Rica.
Fell forward, with prognosis in Panama is going like Costa Rica, where the third in the polls, wins the Presidency of the Republic.
I suspect, Ruben Blades statements against the government candidate, just one day before, were decisive.